Everything You Need to Know About Markathon 14 on WCYY
The first week of December has arrived, and you know what that means.
Markathon is back, with Mark Curdo spending six days in the studio playing the good, bad, and really bad requests while taking donations for a good cause. There will be special guests, incredible stories, and more. It's the best week in radio in Maine, of course.
Here's What You Need to Know:
- Markathon is from December 5-10, 2022
- Listeners can request any music they want to hear for a donation to The Center for Grieving Children. That means you could request anything from the likes of Tool to Christina Aguilera to an entire Nickelback album (for the right price, of course).
MAKE YOUR MARKATHON SONG REQUEST AND DONATION HERE
- You can also participate by checking out the Markathon auction and bidding on one of the many items up for grabs. The Markathon auction page will go live one week before Markathon kicks off.
- You can tune in to hear Mark all week long as well as the wild selection of songs on 103.7 from Lewiston/Auburn all the way to the White Mountains and beyond in New Hampshire, on 95.9 in Augusta, on 94.3 in Portland and southern Maine, online, our app, and even Alexa or your Google Home.
- Special guests will be making appearances on the air all week. Mark will also feature volunteers from the Center for Grieving Children, as well as some personal stories from individuals and families who have used the center's services.
Markathon has raised over $650,000 to date, and we can't wait to bring in even more for a good cause.
The Center for Grieving Children provides peer support, outreach, and education to 4,000+ families annually, and their services are free for as long as needed and whenever needed.
It's support, love, and care all through the power of radio and community. Let's go, Markathon!
LOOK: See what Christmas was like the year you were born
30 Ways Mainers Say “I Love You”
We asked Mainers what ways locals say, "I love you"? and these are their answers.